The Coalition of African Communities’ (AFRICOM) vision is to build a strong and inclusive African and Caribbean immigrant and refugee community with all the nationalities.
AFRICOM’s mission is to advocate and organize so that immigrants and refugees feel a sense of empowerment, belonging, and self-sufficiency.
AFRICOM seeks to achieve this mission by:
- facilitating family access to health and social services, with a focus on women, children and the youth;
- promoting economic development;
- facilitating the resolution of inter and intra-group conflicts;
- advocating on issues of concern to African communities;
- educating the media and the broader public on African cultures and experiences.