Part II of “Transforming Resist: A Series on Radical Philanthropy
If you’re reading this, you’re among the first to see Resist’s new theory of change and strategic priorities! Both were finalized this fall and are refreshed articulations of long-time, core Resist values. We’ve supported resistance for the past 50 years, and now we’re looking towards the next 50.
Movements for change have sharpened their clarity, conviction, and boldness, and so has Resist. We’ve learned from and taken lead from grassroots movement leaders- including our own grantees – on how to best support movements for justice and liberation.
In this piece you will find:
- Resist’s new theory of change and strategic priorities
- Our story: Why we took this step and how we got here (including a nifty timeline!)
- Challenges and unique opportunities we’ve come across as a foundation working for liberation
- How we became a majority women of color led staff
- Practices we use to create a liberatory and life-affirming organization
P.S. We are moved by and find great utility in Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds by adrienne marie brown and the nature-inspired emblem system from Detroit-based experimental media collective Complex Movements . You will find lots of this goodness in part 2 of the series.
Follow us on medium to keep up with our Radical Philanthropy Series!